Friday 29 July 2011

Madakasan (Coconut Pancakes)


To tell you the truth I'm not much of a morning person and so I don't like getting up early in the morning and doing anything. And Bangalore weather has spoilt me even more, makes me want to snuggle up under my blankets and just sleep!!

Because of my love to sleep in the mornings and get up late, cooking breakfast was always a big big task for me! I normally ended up giving my hubby dearest yummy, crunchy Kellogg's wheat flakes (Oh, now it's Kellogg's Special-K) everyday. But now, I have slowly started making attempts to make breakfast because my husband, Reju loves this meal of the day the most.

This dish was a regular back home where my mom would make them and we would just gobble them all up because it was so tasty and light. The crushed cardamom adds that extra zing to this simple dish.

I was suddenly reminded of this recipe when I happened to bump on it when I was scrolling through recipes on mariasmenu.com the other day. I must tell you that Maria's site mariasmenu.com is a really good site, she has done a fabulous job and made cooking so easy and interesting. Thanks Maria...!

We at these delicious pancakes today for breakfast and completely loved it! Enjoy.

Ingredients

For Pancake

All purpose flour (Maida) - 1 & 1/2 cups
Milk - 1 & 1/2 cups
Eggs (Beaten) - 1
Salt - to taste
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Water - as required

For Filling

Coconut (grated) - 2 cups
Cardamom (crushed) - 3
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Sugar - 6 tbsp

Method

Mix together all purpose flour, eggs, salt, sugar and water and make a thin batter. Heat a non-stick pan/thava and pour the batter and spread it. Cook for a few minutes on one side and then flip over. Prepare pancakes like this with the remaining batter.

For Filling

Heat ghee in a pan and add coconut, crushed cardamom and sugar and mix well. Cook till the mixture becomes soft and juicy. Place the filling in the pancakes and roll it.

Serve hot with honey.

Source : mariasmenu.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...