Friday 21 October 2011

50th post and Express Chicken Bites :)


First of all, I would like to thank all of you for your kind words sent through comments, emails and facebook messages. I much appreciate your lending an ear for my vents, the virtual hugs and support. I am going to continue blogging because I love experimenting with food and photographing it just too much and doing it brings me a lot of joy...

So here I present my 50th post with today's dish, Express Chicken Bites. This is a quick chicken starter/appetizer. This spicy flavoured chicken bites are perfect for a dinner party for friends and family.


This was one of the first recipes I learnt from amma, super chef and express cook (mom-in-law) and as the name of the dish suggests this can be cooked up in a jiffy. I did very badly want to make a sweet to celebrate this joyous day but voted against it because the weighing machine hasn't been very kind to me these past few days! So hope you enjoy this easy pleaser.

Ingredients

Chicken (cut into bite size pieces) - 250 gms (boneless; refer notes)
Shallots/Pearl/Small onions (finely sliced) - a handful (15 to 20 approx)
Curry leaves
Salt - to taste
Oil (preferably coconut oil)

For Marinade

Ginger & Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli powder - 1/2 to 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 3/4 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - a pinch


Method

Marinate the chicken with the ingredients listed under "For Marinade" and keep aside for atleast 1 hour.

Heat oil in a pan and saut'e shallots and curry leaves till onions become light brown and keep aside.

In the same wok, heat a little more oil and add the chicken pieces and shallow fry it till browned well on both sides. Now add the fried onions and curry leaves into it and mix well. Saut'e for a few minutes on a low flame till onions turn crisp and chicken is cooked well.

Source: Super cook Amma :)

Fresh flowers to say THANK YOU!!

I am so happy to have such lovely people who are constantly encouraging and complimenting my efforts. Without your support it would not have been such a great experience. Heartfelt thanks with bright fresh flowers from my personal photographic collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...